Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cloth diaper newbie

I am a cloth diaper newbie. I wanted to CD my oldest son, who is now 5 1/2, but I didn't because he was going to be going to daycare and I worked full time outside of the home. When I found out I was pregnant with J, I knew I wanted to cloth diaper, and now I am!
I have been cloth diapering J since Monday and I am in love!! We have some Kushies Ultra Lite diapers that seem to work really well. I tried those when he was about a month old and they seemed a little big and leaked. But now, he is a little bigger and they fit wonderfully now, with room to grow! The designs are really cute and the hook and loop closure is east to use. He is a heavy wetter and I have not had to use a doubler yet.
I have also been using Econobum prefolds. I didn't think I would like prefolds, but I do. I love that you ca reuse the covers as long as they aren't soiled. They have tons of snaps on the covers so you can adjust the fit. The prefolds themselves are soft, unbleached cotton. Right now they are a little bulky, but I have not had any leaks with these either.
I can't wait to try some more diapers and diaper covers. What are your favorites?

No comments: